GoOdBye....


Dear Diary,
                    I think it’s true, when they said, that the world is full, of all kinds of people. If you are observant enough, you will notice them, and learn from them. I had the golden opportunity, of meeting and learning, from one such person.
.
                She taught me more, than just the language. She taught me a few essentials, required to live. She showed me, how beautiful and worthwhile, life is. How we miss out, the finer things in life, for want of something better, than what we already have. Her smiles, and her encouraging comments, were the highlight of my day, as I struggled to find a foothold, in a language completely alien to me.

                   Saying Goodbye, as the incredible journey, of exploring life, and the language came to an end,  was one of the hardest things, I had to do. Farewells, are mostly tearful. It’s always difficult to say, Goodbye, be it the professor you really liked, your friend who shifted, or a loved one who is no more.

                    I have never understood till today what is so good in Goodbye, Where is the Good in it? I guess it’s one of those mysteries that remain unanswered. I may not remember every golden rule of grammar she taught me, or the jokes that made me laugh, but I will definitely remember the lessons of life, the pearls of wisdom she shared with me which helped me to be a better person.

 I conclude with a quote that I once came across, which aptly summarizes the nuggets of wisdom, that she gave me.

Life, is about doing the things that make you happy, not the things that please other people. If you can please other people, that’s a plus, but as long as you’re not hurting anyone, you’re golden.

The Sunday Visitor

Comments

  1. i know what you mean, about Goodbyes.
    There was one such person who I met in my life. I was going through a break-up and in that time, he just a person in my life that helped me get rid of that pain; nothing more, nothing less. Once I was back to normal however, he vanished with just a goodbye.
    That experience changed me because, I realised that some people come into your life to share an experience with you and teach you so many little things and then they bid you goodbye because their job is done. That is when the emotion behind that goodbye is really a good, content feeling.

    Lovely, touching post Anushka - keep it up dear :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou so much Dayle. Encouraging comments like yours, keep me going.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is never easy to say goodbye to someone you care for. Yet, without sad goodbyes, there would be no happy hellos, and without some doors closing, no new ones could be opened. Saying goodbye to those we meet along life's journey is really just another way of saying "until we meet again" as truly one day we all shall, I have no doubt of that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree! I like the way you put it it's true.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts