An unforgettable meeting



Dear Diary, 
                              Today, I am speechless. I had the golden opportunity of meeting   someone who had this effect on me. His persona exuded humility and compassion. His speech made me introspect on life and look deeper into the various religions and their teachings, and how everybody is essentially equal and, Humanity is the best value anybody can possess.  He gracefully accepted questions and in every answer imparted  teachings  that I will never forget. His Holiness The Dalai Lama, made my day and remembering his infectious laughter still makes me smile.  I was honored and humbled, to be a part of this special  occasion , and be influenced by this great man and his words. 

The following quote aptly summarizes this euphoria.

“It is true that those we meet can change us, sometimes so profoundly that we are not the same afterwards, even unto our names.”


The Sunday Visitor.

Comments

  1. What an amazing experience this must have been! I am delighted that you were there, it is something you will remember always! The Dali Lama is a man richly deserving of respect and admiration for his wisdom and his approach to life. I have heard that the sound of his laughter is a beautiful thing... pure and true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was truly ethereal. It's a memory close to my heart, and one I will cherish forever. Very true! Yes, his laughter is amazing, it makes you smile and burst into laughter!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts