A for : A Good Deed A Day


Dear Diary,

Before beginning with my recommendation I want to give a huge shout and a massive virtual bear hug to Arlee Bird for introducing this challenge. Thanks to him I crossed the 50 followers mark in Last year’s challenge. This year I hope that more people will discover my blog and I will get the opportunity to discover more blogs and meet more awesome people :)

For A I recommend : A GOOD DEED A DAY



Someone once told me that your day is incomplete, if you don't do something good. I believe that a good deed a day is a habit which we should inculcate in ourselves. It not only benefits us but also somebody else.

Helping does not always mean that you have to go out of your way to do something. It is not always financially motivated, it  can be offering emotional support to someone in need. It can also mean babysitting your neighbours child because she has an emergency to attend to, pay for the next person's coffee and ask them to do the same, leave an encouraging comment, thought or motto on a post it or when returning something borrowed.

Offering someone your time is also helping in a manner of speaking,At first it may seem like quite a cumbersome task to do something good everyday but soon it will become a habit like brushing your teeth or washing your face. Eventually one day if you do not manage to accomplish your good deed for the day, you will feel a little out of place.

Start with you family, your immediate neighbourhood, your workplace.Just one good deed on your behalf and watch the smile on the other person’s face. Its worth more than anything in the world.

Here's a thoughtful quote I came across :



The Sunday Visitor.

P.S : This is the first blogpost in the A-Z Challenge.


Comments

  1. A wonderful suggestion to make the world a better place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're here, you're here! Welcome back for your second year of the A-Z Dear Friend! You were one of my most delightful finds in last year's A-Z! :-) I have no doubt you will acquire many new followers this year as well!

    I love the message of your post, not only is doing a good deed a day a blessing for those you reach out to, but it leave one with such a sense of satisfaction and well-being at the end of day. We are here to help each other on the journey of life, and you are right, doing kind deeds becomes a habit. You are one of the kindest people I know!

    Have a wonderful month sharing the A-Z adventure with us! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Josie. Your kind words touch my heart and make me smile. If everyone does a good deed a day the world would be a better place :)

      Delete
  3. Excellent quote, and I totally agree. If you do something expecting to be thanked, then you shouldn't do it, period.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is no meaning to a job done with expectations in mind.

      Delete
  4. Great quote. I'm lucky to have a job where one of my primary responsibilities is to help people. Through that I've seen so many examples of little efforts having powerful impacts on people's lives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's wonderful Donna! You are indeed blessed!

      Delete
  5. What an inspiring post! And sometimes even a small gesture can mean a lot to someone at that very moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Thankyou for dropping by and leaving such an encouraging comment.

      Delete
  6. Great post - and so true. I definitely believe that you don't have to do grand gestures, either - it can sometimes be the little things that mean the most to some people, where you might think they were just a small gesture.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very good advice. I've been definitely doing a good deed for the past 10 days by babysitting my brother's brand new puppy. It's making me crazy! It's also funny I read this just now, because I just finished donating to a friend on Kickstarter to help him with his book. :)

    Random Musings from the KristenHead — A is for 'Almost Human' (and Action and Androids)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts