Happy Teacher's Day Ma'am.

 Dear Diary, 

September 5 or as we call it in India Teacher's Day is a day that I have always liked. Having a Teacher- mother, made me witness first hand the amount of passion and dedication that this job demands. 

As a kid, I was vehemently opposed to the idea of becoming a teacher but teaching was something that came naturally to me. From simplifying concepts for my friends to last minute before the exam revisions. 

In college I met my mentor Madame D, and she changed my life completely. The love that she had for French, her ever smiling face, the examples she gave us, the unwavering enthusiasm she brought to class, her untiring, ever ready to clarify a doubt nature, made me change my perception. 

I was lucky enough to have had some wonderful teachers along the way, but Madame D, will always be my favorite. The four and half happiest months of my life that I spent under her tutelage, shadowing her have made me the teacher I am today. Although Madame D, is not with us anymore, she left to meet her creator in 2018, I treasure the time I spent with her and the things I learnt from her in my heart. 


My supervisor sent me this lovely quote today and I couldn't help, but smile at how apt it was. I carry a small part of Madame D, with me and to every student that I have the pleasure of teaching, I leave a part of me, her and the various teachers who have made us who we are. 

Overwhelmed at the wishes from students; past and present. 

The Sunday Visitor. 





Comments

Popular Posts