On Future Plans

Dear Diary, 

God doesn't reveal his plan to us all at once, rather he unfolds it slowly, a day at a time, sometimes even months or years. 

I try to reconcile this with my human frailty,  my need to know what to expect, how to prepare, my constant prayer of show me your plans for me. 

Today God put this idea in my mind. I as a teacher will not teach a std 1 student what a std.12 student is learning. God prepares us with time. 

If I tell a std 1 student learning how to count, subtract and multiply that later on he/she will have to grapple with Algebra, Geometry and Trigonometry, the child has no idea what it means and will get demotivated. 

God gives us everything on a need to know basis, he equips us for the battle at hand, providing us experience for the bigger battle in the future. Knowing that a storm is awaiting us can be intimidating information, but bracing the unpleasant weather at present is the first step. 

Our lives are package deal of happiness and unpleasantness. One does not work without the other. Knowing the unpleasantness to come might demotivate us so God doesn't show us all his plans together. rather, he lets them unravel, a quarter of a parchment at a time.

If you feel the pace is too slow, remember this : the master plan is still God's hand and he's not letting go. 

TSV


Comments

Popular Posts