Connections.


Dear Diary,

Forgive me for not blogging yesterday. In my family, we believe that Good Friday is a day for prayer and abstinence so I did not write anything yesterday.

For C, I choose the word ‘Connections’ while travelling by train to college every morning, if I’m not reading a book, I’m people watching. It’s one of my favorite pastimes. More often than not, I find people with their heads buried in their phones, surfing Facebook, skimming through Twitter feed, looking at Snapchats and Whatsapps.

It made me ponder, Internet has heped mankind to stay connected but what about the Human connection? Does one neighbor know what is the plight of the other? Do we really talk to our neighbours anymore? We might be friends on Facebook but are we friends in real life? Do we say Hello and go beyond that or a virtual Poke is the extent of our Connections ?

I think it’s time to build the connections that have been severed. While the Internet is excellent to maintain connections that are long distance, face to face or letters and calls work wonders for short distances.


It’s time to disconnect from the virtual world and connect in the real one. 


The Sunday Visitor.

Comments

Popular Posts