Tidbits of life from TINY TOTS!

Dear Diary,
It’s been ages since I last wrote a blogpost. I have been incredibly busy the past few months as something or the other kept cropping up but finally, my exams are over and now I have an entire month for myself to do as I please and blogging tops the list J

The only thing that has helped me gets through the past few hectic weeks apart from my family are my neighbors. You may wonder what my neighbors did and how they could help me.

I am extremely fortunate to have two families with two tiny tots as my neighbors. The tiny tots are my companions and I love to spend time with both of them. It’s just something about kids that makes one happy and puts a big smile on one’s face. No matter how tough a day I have had or the unending pile of assignments that await me, I always find it easy to destress with the two of them around me.

Children are so positive and full of life and light that it’s hard to be pessimistic around them. Their take on life is completely different than that of an adult. They don’t judge people and open themselves up easily, they love unconditionally and don’t mince words. They never aim at being diplomatic or pleasing anyone [unless you hold a chocolate in your hand] and can always be counted on for a good dose of laughter.

Here’s a wonderful picture I came across.

I wonder why we don’t think like two year old’s anymore? Why is our take on life so pessimistic and negative? I think it’s one of those questions that remain unanswered. If you have a theory or an answer do tell me.


The Sunday Visitor.

Comments

  1. How WONDERFUL to see you back here! I understand that school keeps you scrambling to keep up and I'm delighted to hear that you finally have a break so you can relax, enjoy, and blog! :-)

    This was a wonderful post, and so true, little ones are a delight in their purity and enthusiasm for life. They believe naturally and accept willingly. What a fun way for you to end your days, with such bright and happy company! I am certain they look just as much forward to spending time with you!

    I suppose it is the experience of time and disappointments that tends to make us more suspicious and negative as we grow older, but I feel sad for folks who lose the ability to believe that life is still good and we can find joy in little things and simple pleasures! Papa Bear has retained his childlike spirit despite so much adversity and pain in his life, and I treasure him for that, he never fails to make me laugh! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Josie :) I'm excited too. I have so many things in mind to complete before next semester begins. Yes, they are a pleasure to spend time with. You have a point, as we grow older and mature we start looking at things in a new light and that's why sometimes, we need children to remind us of the smiplicity of life. You are indeed lucky to have Papa Bear :)

      Delete
  2. So glad to see you back. I suppose that is why I love to work with small children. Someone new comes into the room. You introduce them. You ask for volunteers to help make this new friend comfortable and inevitably they all raise their hands. Fast forward to recess...and this "new" kid is smiling, skipping and loving their new found place with some new "best friends"! When did we as adults forget how to welcome someone new into the fold. And why do we seemingly become foe before friend?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much for the warm welcome :) I can imagine how much fun you have with them. It must be a pleasure to watch the transition from a new comer to a friend and class mate. I think because as we grow we tend to be very suspicious of others and their motives.

      Delete
  3. Glad to see your Sunday evening post. Youngsters can, and do, bring out the best in us.

    Blessings and Bear hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou :) That is very true and very well put :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts