The Black Horse Festival.

Dear Diary,

It's been so long since I wrote a blogpost. Life has been exceedingly busy. I have my Spanish exams the last week of February and end semester exams next month, that will mark the end of another academic year filled with exams, assignments, presentations and internship experience.

The Book Challenge that I posted about last time is going on in full swing. I started with The Great Gatsby then Old Man and The Sea -Ernest Hemingway, The Bluest Eye - Toni Morrison, Black Rain -Georges Simenon, The World of Jeeves -P.G.Wodehouse and now On the Road by Jack Kerouac.

In February we have a Festival to celebrate the art, culture, music and cuisine of our city. It's called The Kala Ghoda Festival which literally translates to Black Horse Festival. It's called so because the location where it takes place had a statue of a man on a horse and thus it earned it's name. The festival is a lovely time for amatuer artists to showcase their work. You can see a few of them below:









What is interesting to note is that there is no age barrier. Here you have people as young as  6 years and 8 years to professionals showcasing their works. Today was the last day of the Festival and the atmosphere was no less than a carnival.

So, this was a brief summary of my week. Hope you like the pictures.

Bone tired and sleepy,

The Sunday Visitor.

Comments

  1. This looks like great fun! I love all the bright colors... a feast for the eyes! I'm glad you are heading to the end of another semester, just in time for A-Z in April! When will you graduate from college?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Josie It was!! It was a real visual treat. I'm glad too, the year has flown by so fast. I will be graduating in 2015.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like the festival was fun, but that or life is quite hectic.

    Blessings an Bear hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. The festival was a lot of fun and very crowded too. My life is quite hectic but it is still enjoyable and I'm enjoying every bit of it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts