Liebster Special


Dear Diary,

Yesterday, I was in for a surprise when I opened my mail and saw that Swathi Shenoy from Flightless Bird Thoughtful Wings nominated me for a Liebster. Thank You Swathi and I graciously accept :)


The Rules:

1. Link back and thank the blogger who nominated you in your post.
 2. List 11 facts about yourself.
 3. Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
 4. Pick 5 - 10 new bloggers (must have less than 300 followers) to nominate.
 5. Ask them 11 new questions. Do not re-nominate the blogger who nominated you.
 6. Go to each blogger's site and inform them of their nomination.


 The 11 Facts about me :

1. I come from a family of teachers.
2.I love to read and can spend hours with a book.
3.I love history and my birthday happens to be an important date in History.
4.I am terrible at punctuations.
5.I’m a Cancerian and I love the monsoon.
6.I love the sea, beach and any place with a water body.
7.I cannot cook but I’m trying to change that.
8.I find it very hard to say No to people.
9.I like all colors but I particularly like blue and it’s shades.
10.I’m a Francophile and completely besotted with France.
11.I wish to travel the world one day.


Here are the questions asked and my answers :

1.    What is your favorite pastime, apart from reading novels?
I enjoy watching movies especially French movies and writing stories.

2.    If given a chance to go back and change one thing from your past, what it would be?
Go for an exchange programme to Belgium that my college had organized.

3.    Which is the first word that comes to your mind when asked to describe yourself?
Bookworm.


4.    What got you into blogging?
I wanted to be a columnist and realized that nobody would hire an amateur columnist and therefore started blogging as a means to express my thoughts and opinions.
 

5.    Which is that one thing that can change your foul mood and make you smile within an instant?
Chocolate. It always has that effect on me.

6.    Which in the memory/incident that you treasure the most?
My meeting with His Holiness The Dalai Lama is something I will treasure always.

7.    Ten years later from now, where do you see yourself?
I see myself as a Professor sitting before a class full of students and teaching.

8.    If given a chance to be invisible for a day, what will you do?
Dance on the road J


9.    Was there any major turning point in your life that made you who you are today? If so, then what is it?
There was no major turning point as of such but a serious bout of chicken pox a year back did render me a bit more thoughtful about many things I took for granted.

10. What do you think is the key to any successful relationship?
Communication and honesty together make for a successful relationship.

11. According to you, what is the definition of a good novel?
A novel is good if it is unputdownable and manages to make the reader feel a sense of loss at the end like Harry Potter.

My nominees are: 






My questions are :

1. If not for your current profession, you would have chosen.....?

2. What is the first thing that you see in people?

3.What superpower would  you like to possess?

4. If you had to invite three famous people (dead or alive) for dinner who would they be ?

5. Your favorite book / movie and why?

6. What is the one lesson that you wished you learnt earlier.

7. What is your favorite way to pass the time?

8. Five things on your bucket list.

9. Your favorite childhood memory.

10. A random fact about you.

11. Do you believe in rebirth? If yes, what would you like to be reborn as?


Once again Thank You Swathi & Congratulations to my nominees. 

The Sunday Visitor.











Comments

  1. I blog as my day job--you can actually get a lot of freelance assignments, if you still want to be a columnist. I use Elance--highly recommend it. I just saw that and thought it might help you reach your goal more quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the nomination. Chocolate can turn your frown upside down? I knew I liked you. I hope you reach your goal of being a columnist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much, Judy Girl, I am truly honored! I got to know a little more about you with this! Chocolate - ah yes, we share that love in common - chocolate never fails to make me smile! You got to meet the Dali Lama? Have you told that story here? If so, send me a link, if not please do!! I think you will be an amazing teacher because you love learning and you have a joy for life that your students will appreciate! I suspect that one day you will write a book... and hopefully send me a signed copy! <3

    I have just finished writing a long post with my answers to the above. It will appear on my blog shortly after midnight, since I've already posted one long piece today. I hope you enjoy it! Thank you again for your friendship, you are such a bright spot in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was great learning more about you. I love chocolate and water views. I'm more of an Anglophile, but I find French culture interesting too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much sweetie! Here's my post: PointsToPonder

    ReplyDelete
  8. awwww... thanks my dear! was pleasantly surprised to see this!!! have been away on a holiday...so am back here catching up on ur last few posts.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hie Anusha- thankyou so much for such a lovely award! and I am terribly sorry for replying late. I enjoyed your answers and post.
    Btw Like your family- my parents are also into teaching profession, I am a water sign too who loves to be near waterbodies and yes last but not least I wish to travel the world one day... :D - Hi-five on that! :))

    1. I still don't know in which profession I will settle down in life, I am a wanderer when it is about job and career. Have tried different careers, have studied different subjects. :)

    2. First thing that I see in people- Their eyes and their smile- both are supposed to be pleasant!

    3. Every super-power comes with a responsibility. Still if I have to choose one- may be invisibility- but then I don't want to pry into people's life- I want none as of now!

    4.First of all I want to invite God- he is the most famous name I have known! Then other two people will be ummm Nelson Mandela and Will Smith!

    5. My Favorite book is The Thorn Birds by Colleen McCullough. And movie I love Pinjar(Hindi) and Kate and Leopold (English)

    6.The lesson about how to cram for exam. Though I still lack in it.

    7. I normally pass my time listening to music- soulful. If not that then dancing, sleeping, writing and reading poetry (I love reading it)......

    8. It is all about traveling :)) I am stuffing my bucket with new lists every-day!

    9. My favourite Childhood memory- my whole childhood has been a favourite memory from the past! My mother fondly tells me the stories about it.

    10. I can become a polar-bear and can hibernate for a day. :P (embarrassed )

    11. Yes. I very much do believe in re-births. One of my grand aunt remembered everything about her previous birth from her routine life, her kids and husband to how she died. I would love to be born as----- human----a lady... (yes I am very much in love with my current life) :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. "Diary of a Sunday Visitor" has been included in Sites To See #376. Be assured that I hope this helps to point many new visitors in your direction.

    http://asthecrackerheadcrumbles.blogspot.com/2014/06/sites-to-see-376.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts