Musings of a soon to be 20 something old.

Dear Diary,

I have this habit. You can call it annoying but it’s something I developed as a kid and continued over the years. As a child anyone older to you by a good margin of 8-20 years is an ‘Adult.’ I was and still am curious about adults.

So whenever there is a birthday of one of the adults in my family I ask them, “So how does it feel getting a year older? Do you feel more adult like?” and their varying replies always fascinate me.

I will be 20 soon, no wait, tomorrow to be more precise and it will be unfair to exclude myself from this question. It feels great being a year older because I remember as a kid I was always excited at the prospect of becoming an adult, going out into the world, being independent.


It’s also a little daunting because in many ways I’m still a kid. I learn new things everyday and these experiences are slowly shaping up my personality as a whole. I don’t feel like an adult right now but I doubt its something that you feel immediately. It comes slowly and gradually.

Not so long ago 20 seemed like just another number but now that it’s a few hours away, it’s more than two digits. So while I'm passing through a phase of mixed emotions before the clock strikes 12, I'll keep telling myself 



The Sunday Visitor.

P.S : I'd love to know what you were thinking before your twentieth birthday, what were you feeling on your 20th birthday.


Comments

  1. Congratulations on 20. But may you always have an eager and questioning child inside you.

    Blessings and Bear hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts