M is for MAGIC


Dear Diary,
               
               A tiny tot asked me if I believed in magic. Taking into account that this is the Harry potter generation and their fascination with wand yielding witches and spell muttering wizards is insurmountable, the magnitude of his question hit me hard.

               My answer to his question is in the affirmative. I do believe in magic. As kids we all gave into the fantasies of ’The tooth fairy-who left sweet rewards, The garden fairy who made plants grow faster, The elves and gnomes, the invisible Friend : in this world where relationships are fickle and friends are two faced, he is a friend worth having , not forgetting Santa Claus whose gifts were the main reason for our good conduct.

              Being rational and practical has it's benefits but sometimes the wisest thing to do, is to let go, let the kid within you free. It’s good ,to have a part of you rooted in some imaginary land, because when everything else drives you crazy, that keeps you sane.

               Believing in magic is not a symptom of Schizophrenia, or other mental disorders, it's more of providing, the kid within you it's dose of imagination and creativity. Something we lack, and are in dire need of today in this monotonous world. Magic is not necessarily ' Abracadabra' or 'Expecto Patronum'.It's more of a feeling, of letting yourself be enthralled by something.

               It's not difficult to spot magic, it's all around us. If you take time out, from your busy schedule, you can enjoy : The magic of the setting sun, drenching yourself, in first showers of monsoon. The magic of a mother's love, in the tiffin she packs for you.The magic of Freedom, in setting a caged animal free. The magic of nature,  sitting under a tree on a pleasant day or counting the stars, at night -time. The magic of life,  seeing a new born baby or the magic of love, when embraced by a dear one.

               The world out there is full of magic, if you care to look above your I Pad's, Blackberries and I Pod's. Life is too short, and too precious to waste buried in our gadgets. Enjoy, the little magical moments of life today, and cherish them as memories for a lifetime. Take some time from your busy agenda and "Go, Have you Magical Moment."



Signing off with my favorite sentence from a famous Selena Gomez song,

It's magic you know, Never believe it's not so......

The Sunday Visitor.


Comments

  1. How did I miss this great M-word? :-) I so agree with you, as we get older we tend to lose our belief that life can be magical, but just as you point out, those moments are in our lives every day, all we have to do is look and listen, and let our spirits be free enough to entertain the idea that wonderful, magical things are very much for real! Lovely post, Judygirl! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much. I'm so glad you like it. Your comments make my day :)

      Delete
  2. I should remember this more often. Sometimes I become too logical and forget to look at the wonder and imagination surrounding us.

    As for an invisibility cloak you mentioned in the comment you left me, yes, I think those would be wonderful to have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting my blog. Being logical is good but once in a while send caution to the wind, and just lose yourself in the magic around you. If Invisiblity cloaks are ever up for sale we both would be first in line to purchase it :)

      Delete
  3. I love magic, even if I'm more of a rational being & don't *really* believe in magic. I guess I believe in things that the human mind would be capable of, or technology. Which in the long run, for all I know, could end up being something quite akin to magic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know that feeling: "letting yourself be enthralled by something." Awe, wonder, baited breath.

    While a lot of "magic" is slight of hand, there is also something way beyond that. Something the universe as imprinted on our souls. When we experience it, we "get it," without explanation.

    Blessings and Bear hugs!
    Bears Noting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's true, magic can be a slight of hand but when we experience the true magic in the world around us, that has only one effect, it leaves us spellbounded.

      Delete
  5. Great post.
    I believe in magic too, and you're right, sometimes the best thing to do -- despite the rational voices in our heads -- is to let go. Life is so much easier to endure then.

    Great M Post.

    Silvia @ Silvia Writes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm glad you like it. Letting go is hard but it's also for the best :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts