S is for SUPERPOWER


Dear Diary,

                       An extremely close friend of mine, who is an avid reader, a huge movie buff, a lover of all things supernatural { not the popular series} asked me an interesting question the other day. " If you could possess any superpower which one would it be?"

                      I knew she was expecting some answer like invisibility  reading people's mind, being present at several places at the same time, but I just couldn't get myself to reply. You may wonder what's wrong with me, but honestly I believe that those superpowers are quite literary and suit the characters in movies and books best.

                     I believe the real superpowers are : making someone laugh, make a crying person smile,  offering your support to someone in need, standing by the right choice even though the world may be against you, finding good in everybody and everything, being patient when your patience is wearing thin. These are the most difficult of all and when we acquire these superpowers we become true superheroes.


Discover your superpower and use it to make a difference,
               

 The Sunday Visitor.

Comments

  1. That's the most realistic way to look at it and it's a good way too.

    Lee
    An A to Z Co-Host
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  2. To be a friend who listens and laughs/cries with one, that's a superpower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome and admirable take on the subject. I think I would add being able to connect with other human beings who are different than us on some type of deeper level that allows us to rise above our prejudices and judgements and really get in touch with the best side of ourselves, out humanity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou. I'm so glad you like it. Thanks for visiting my blog and that wonderful suggestion. I appreciate it!

      Delete
  4. Great reply. I kind of understand. If you choose one superpower you forgo all the rest which bothers me somewhat! I like the idea of being a living super power of everyday life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ah yes, I like. Those are definitely SUPER powers :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh,goodness I need a few of those superpowers for sure :)

    Lucy from Lucy's Reality

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm back to catch up on the posts I missed during vacation!

    This is such a beautiful thought that it takes my breath away. What a lovely, caring heart you have Judygirl! The next time someone asks me about superpowers, I will remember your example. The wonderful thing about it is that we DO have the power to bring those changes to the world, one person at a time! :-)

    I love your bright new background. When I was young, bright yellow and bright orange were my favorite colors... and the combination of the two still makes me smile... the colors of sunlight, and brightness - they suit you well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thankyou! I'm touched that you liked this post and that you will share it with people. Yes we do!!

    Thanks a lot. I'm so glad you like it. I loved this background because it's bright, cheerful and optimistic, a lot like me and my thoughts!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts