C is for Compassion


Dear Diary,
                     
                    For today’s blogpost I chose a word, that has almost  become extinct in our lives, and this word is ‘COMPASSION.’  Simply put it’s the understanding or empathy for the suffering of others.
                 
                      In  our world Today, we are constantly racing against time, trying to complete tasks before deadlines, coping with our own problems , competing  in the rat race to emerge victorious  and keep up with technology, we can’t spare a few minutes to understand someone else’s troubles and empathize with them. Often we disillusion ourselves into believing that compassionate acts are only restricted to Salvation Army and other charitable organizations.

                     I thought so too until a chance encounter with one of the most Compassionate souls of our time : His Holiness The Dalai Lama, led  me to understand the value of this compassion and how in our own little way we can reach out to the people around us and touch them. 

                       It may be a neighbour in need, a friend in difficulty, a poor person on the road or the person right next to us. A little compassion can go a long way in helping someone else.Let's leave this world a little better than the way we found it. Starting today, 'Reach out and touch somebody's hand, make this world a better place if you can.'

Leaving you with a quote I found,

Compassionately yours,

The Sunday Visitor.

P.S This blogpost is for C in the A-Z Blogging challenge.

Comments

  1. My C-word is the same. :)


    Damyanti @Daily(w)rite
    Co-host, A to Z Challenge 2013

    Twitter: @AprilA2Z
    #atozchallenge



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What can I say, Great minds think alike I guess. Thanks a lot for joining The Sunday Visitor's Friend List. I really appreciate it. Hope you enjoy the other blogposts too!!

      Delete
  2. In these times most people are quicker to judge than be compassionate.

    Lee
    Wrote By Rote
    An A to Z Co-host blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i agree completely. Thankyou for joining The Sunday Visitor's Friend list.I really appreciate it. I hope you enjoy the other blogposts too!!

      Delete
  3. Sometimes, if I'm in a rotten mood, instead of snarling at people, I try to do one random act of kindness for someone who looks like they're having the same kind of day I am. It lifts my spirit and often that one compassionate act is so appreciated it turns my whole day around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That one random act of kindness makes a lot to difference to you as well as the person to whom m it was done.

      Delete
  4. This is a wonderful reminder that compassion should be a way of life... for everyone, something that comes as naturally to us as breathing. I work in a place where compassion is the most useful and needed tool of the day, and I dispense it gladly, hoping to do a small part to warm hearts, offer understanding, and give hope.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad to know that there are people like you who still dispense compassion willingly and generously. This hope is enough to sustain faith in everybody. Good Work!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts