F is for FAILURE



Dear Diary,
                     
                 For today’s blogpost I have chosen a word that many people fear and that word is ‘FAILURE’. I remember this quote which my Literature professor once mentioned in class, She said, ”Failure is one of the ingredients required to make success.” Such a positive outlook on failure really surprised me, as I'm someone who is quite afraid of it.
                    
                 I thought about it long and hard and finally, arrived at the conclusion that what she said did make sense. We are all so bent on being successful because we are afraid of failure, afraid of looking like a complete fool after trying so hard, afraid of being ridiculed and mocked by the people around us (who have no better work than to laugh and comment on the life happenings of others).
                    
                  I guess if it hadn't been for failure some of the greatest inventions would have still been plans on paper which would have never materialized, great books and their stories would have existed only in the minds of their authors.
                   
                  They say Failure is the stepping stone to success I think it’s because when we fail, we hit rock bottom, there’s nothing left to lose, so we can take a chance and try again, this time more wisely avoiding the mistakes we made earlier.
             
                    So next time I fail, I’m going to thank the people who throw their bricks of mockery and ridicule at me, and use those bricks, to make a monument which I will be remembered for later. 

Leaving you with a quote by someone who turned her failure into a roaring success.





The Sunday Visitor.


Comments

  1. Did you know those little sticky note pads came from a failure? They were trying to invent a superglue but instead came up with something that was removable yet still sticky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's news to me but thanks for sharing it :) Just another classic example of how a failure can be turned into a success!!

      Delete
  2. I love this quote and am going to remember it! There are countless examples of people who have failed, and people who have been told they were failures, who went on to accomplish amazing things in life - often doing the very thing they initially failed at! My motto is to "Always begin again"! It doesn't matter how many times we fail, what matters is not to give up our dreams! Fear cripples us, and it clouds our ability to see our own potential. Failure isn't fatal! We need to be taught that from the time we are young. Another great post, you are very wise and you write so well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much, God has given me a talent and I'm trying to use it to the best of my ability!! I agree with you dreams are important we must hold onto them. I really like your motto, it's something I think I will adopt from you and use in my life, Thankyou for sharing it with me :)

      Delete
  3. It is big disappointment when one fails and it takes real courage and belief in oneself to get back. People who succeed in doing that succeed making failure the stepping stone to success! cool post!

    - Dishit(@dishitd) from Only the Crazy Survive!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou I'm glad you like it. Failure can be disappointing but it's also exhilarating as one hits rock bottom and the only way left is the way to go upwards!!

      Delete
  4. Hi Sunday visitor,
    Good to be at this lovely place.
    Nice to know that your participating at a to z challenge
    good, post, keep it up,
    Here i want to make a point in connectin with this year challenge, please provide a logo of a to z at the side bar of your page, this is one of the thing every participants do. the html link you can get it from the Home page of A to Z challenge.
    waiting for more to read,
    Keeep inform
    Good Wishes
    Keep in touch
    I am
    Phil @ Philipscom
    An ambassador to A to Z Challenge @ Tina's Life is Good
    And My Bio-blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by and for your encouraging comments. Thanks for telling me about the logo I've put it up.
    I look forward to your comments on the other blogposts too!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts