A is for Ad Astra Per Aspera


Dear Diary,
                        Today I start the Blogging Challenge, with my favorite quote from Harper Lee’s book- To Kill a Mockingbird, which also incidentally co-incides with the letter A. But before I want to thank Arlee Bird for initiating this challenge and giving amateurs like me a chance to participate, make new friends and learn more. So Here it goes, the famous quote :




      ‘Ad Astra Per Aspera’ – Latin for from mud to the stars 
  
                            Nobody likes to go through hardships but we fail to realize that rough and troubled times can only lead us onward. They test our patience and our courage but when we pass through them, we only come out stronger and better.

                            During these times we often feel like giving up, and taking the easy way out but that’s the time we have to dig our heel harder and keep faith, because every dark cloud has a silver lining and every rough road ultimately leads to the stars.

                             That awesome feeling of having surpassed a difficulty and overcoming it  cannot be described in words It has to be felt to be believed.  So next time you face a rough patch, don't let it get to you, tell yourself :  Ad Astra Per Aspera’ – it will only get better from here, The sky is my destination.

Aiming for the sky,
The Sunday Visitor.

P.S : This is the first post for the Alphabet A in the series of A-Z for the A-Z Blogging Challenge.

Comments

  1. Oh my, I have goosebumps! You have no idea how fitting your post is for my situation. I am there, in the hard spot!
    I read "To Kill a Mockingbird" in high school, but that quote escaped me... or perhaps was under something in a dark, dusty spot of my brain!
    Thanks for bringing it to light at the perfect moment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much. I'm touched that you liked my post and found it useful. :)

      Delete
  2. aMEN, madam! aMEN!

    When I was a kid and my dad caught me whining about something, he'd take me aside and say, "I just want you to remember: nobody else has suffered like you've suffered. No-one's ever had this problem before."

    I laugh now (I didn't back then!) but the sarcasm hit the spot, and so does this post: it's worth remembering not only that the obstacles aren't permanent, but also that we are allied with every human being on earth in being frustrated by setbacks and difficulty. Thanks for the reminder - I can't wait to see what you write next!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much for your words of encouragement. I agree with you Dad it's quite true what he said. I hope you enjoy the other blogposts too and continue to give me your feedback on them :)

      Delete
  3. I read your "B" post first and it was so good I had to come check out "A"... it was great too!! :-) Your positive outlook on life is contagious. Our words can and do reach others and help them as we all slog thru the mud of life together. Blogging and sharing our thoughts is a great way to encourage. I'm delighted to find you and will be a follower from now on. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thankyou so much for taking time out , reading my blog and giving me your feedback. I'm really touched that you like it and I'm delighted that you have joined the Sunday Visitor's friend list. Welcome and I hope you like the other blogposts too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I find myself wishing, as I read your posts each day that you had a name - at least a pen name or pseudonym I could call you by. It seems funny to address you as Sunday Visitor, though I do like that title for your blog. I suppose I could call you Sunday or SV, is there another name you would prefer? :-) I also wanted to say that I think the background you chose for your blog is beautiful, perfect for the reflections you share here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I go by the pen name Judygirl, you can call me anything you want though, I'm like you granddaughter :) You remind me a lot of my Grandmother :) She is just like you :). I'm glad you like the background. the co-incidence is I thought the same thing while choosing it, how it can reflect my thoughts :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just now remember to come back and check here! Judygirl is great, I will use that from now on! I am happy to be in the role of grandmother, I enjoy meeting new young people thru blogging, and I am so very impressed with all the wise words you have to share! When you are my age you will be a wonderful treasure for your grandchildren!!

      Delete
    2. Me too, I like meeting new people (young and old), making friends and learning from them, I believe you can learn something from everyone. I'm really glad that you like my thoughts and I'm grateful for the compliment. I hope so too, I'm sure you're an Awesome Grandmother!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts