K is for Keep Calm.



Dear Diary,
                    
                    For today’s alphabet K I've chosen the popular ‘Keep Calm’ series.



I was surprised to learn in my History class, that this particular series was part of War Propaganda for World War 2.  It was used for the purpose of boosting the morale of the people and generally just maintaining peace in troubled times. It’s Funny how History always repeats itself. The same posters are used today, with different tag lines. My Favorite one is:


Every time something bothers me, worries me or just drives me crazy, I follow this motto, in this manner I channel my negative energy into something positive (a blogpost in this case), and don’t hurt anyone through my thoughts or words. You should try it too. Keep calm and don't let anything get to you.

That’s all for today.

Keeping Calm, and Loving my Life,
The Sunday Visitor.



Comments

  1. Governments don't do propaganda posters the way the used to... There's a great collection of US World War 2 posters at Library of Congress though none have the charm as this British One.

    Donna at Donna's New Day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou for sharing this with me, I like History and everything to do with it, so this site is a real treat :)

      Delete
  2. Second week into the challenge, I really needed that quote.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for visiting my blog. I'm glad this post inspired you.

      Delete
  3. Keeping calm is a good idea if you can do it. Not as easy to do as to say.

    JO ON FOOD, MY TRAVELS AND A SCENT OF CHOCOLATE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting my blog. I agree with what you say, and that's why I believe we must keep practicing after all Practice doth make a man perfect.

      Delete
  4. Or, as Yoda would say, "Calm you shall keep and Carry On you must."

    People have put our so many variations of that poster. And some are quite funny!

    Blessings and Bear hugs!
    Bears Noting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing Yoda's quote with me. I agree with you some versions of the poster are insanely funny.

      Delete
  5. What a great quote. I'll definitely remember that one when I need it. Luckily it's Friday night, so I should be calm for the next couple days. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the quote too and it's origins is what got me interested in in the first place.

      Delete
  6. I did not know the origin of these posters I've seen often on Facebook. Now I do! :-) "Keep calm and blog on" what awesome advice. Blogging is a great form of venting, writing releases negative energy. Usually by the time I am ready to hit "post" I am smiling! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, It was a huge surprise when it was mentioned in the History class and I was like "WHAT?" Mystate is a lot like yours when I'm done with a post and I hit enter for it to be published.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts