Y is for Yes !


Dear Diary,

For today's blogpost I'm inspired a Jim Carrey movie that I saw awhile back called 'Yes Man.' The protagonist Carl (Jim Carrey)  has a very negative outlook on life that is until he attends a Yes seminar which changes his life completely.

 The movie made me think how one single word can change our life and our perception of viewing things. It's small words like these that have immense power, which we seldom realise. Imagine how important a yes is to the person who is desperately looking for a job, to the little kid who found a stray pup on the road and wants to adopt it, but need his parents permission, to the the lad who will bare his heart out to his beloved and ask her to be his forever, to the hardworking school-goer next door to get accepted into the college of her choice, to the couple who have been waiting for years to hear the good news of an added member to their family.

 Small words  make a Big difference.

  It's good to say Yes to the opportunities that Life offers you, you can learn a lot from them. Say Yes to helping people, making a difference, bringing about a change, making new friends, learning new skills.

But remember :


The Sunday Visitor.
               

     

Comments

  1. Such a lovely post thank you! Amazing the power of Yes! as you so well describe. And the quote in the box is also so true. I so enjoyed the film 'Yes Man' - thanks for the reminder.
    Susan Scott's Soul Stuff

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's easier to preserve the status quo and say NO. YES invites risk and change. And isn't that a good thing?? Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful post! I couldn't help but think of the 'ifs' and 'buts' in the Bible. Small but weighty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very True, Thanks for bringing them to my notice. Thankyou for visiting my blog!

      Delete
  4. I remember that movie. It certainly changed his life--as saying yes almost always does! Lovely post!
    tm

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post! I enjoyed that movie too, and it does make you think. So many times it is easier to just say "no", but "yes" can open up so many possibilities. The reminder to not say "no" to yourself is important too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed your post. Yes is a word I have difficulty with. Sometimes I find it difficult to put myself out there. I'm learning and I'm changing. I was very glad you put the last part in. People forget to think about themselves (not me though).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou. I'm glad you liked it. Everything takes time, so don't rush into it!

      Delete
  7. Very true! We forget about ourselves when trying to help others!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why I like the quote so much. It's an excellent reminder!

      Delete
  8. I love your blog, it's so full of positivity. :)

    Hope you had fun with a-z. Congrats on completing the challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much for visiting my blog and commenting!

      Delete
  9. This is an excellent reminder of the power one word can have, and particularly of the word YES! I like to think of it in the context of YES I CAN! :-) Your note of warning at the end is a good one though, it is easy to be manipulated if you say yes to everything and do not have the courage to stand up and say no when what is being asked is not right for you, it is also easy to over-extend yourself if you say yes to everyone's requests. Before saying yes, it's important to think about what you are agreeing to, then if it feels right, and you believe you are able, DO IT! Life will be more joyful for the more times we say Yes! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thankyou! I like the way you put it. It's true sometimes we do tend to go overboard with Yes and that's why we need to remember what we are saying Yes to.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts