H is for HOME.



Dear Diary,
                     
                       For reasons unknown to me, I am besotted with the alphabet H. It’s true, I have a sneaking suspicion it’s because some beautiful words like Hope, Heart, Heaven, and Holidays are associated with it. Though, out of all of them, my favorite H word is HOME.

                      To me Home is a place where, you can just be yourself. Remove the masks you wear before the world and show your true self. It’s the space: where people love you for who you are, and not what you can give them. A place, where you learn everything about the world, and much more. It’s a place with which you associate your childhood memories and those of growing up years.

                      I believe anyone can build a house it’s just bricks and beams, but a Home is built through hopes and dreams of those who live in it. It houses love, joy, aspirations etc. It nurses disappointments, sadness and pain. Home is where you learn to live, laugh, share, care and give. 
                 
                       We often take our home and the people in it for granted. As I observe my friends who stay in hostels, who stay alone , away from home, I realize the value of my home, and I’m thankful to God for it. The  man who said "Home is where the heart is" was truly wise.

Leaving you with a quote I can always identify with :


The Sunday Visitor.

Comments

  1. Home is by far my favorite H-word too! For me, it is a refuge, a place where I am safe from the noise and stress of the workday, and the mad rush of life. Here I can truly be myself, enjoy totally quiet moments and actually hear my own thoughts. There have been times when the place I called home was not this way, so I am even more grateful for home now. I would be quite happy if I never had to go elsewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a lot in common :) Home is the best place on Earth, nothing can match it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sunday
    Thanks for visiting my blog on a Tuesday.
    I certainly agree with you. I've never liked to travel in the physical. I love to do my traveling vicariously. Now with all the videos and movies, I can do just that. I like plants, pets, gardens, lawns,friends...... and who takes care of those things if I leave home.
    Manzanita
    wanna buy a duck

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome & Thanks for visiting my blog. Glad to know we share the same opinion on HOME :)

      Delete
  4. Every once in a while I'll leave for work on Monday morning and realize it's the first time I've been in the car since I got home on Friday night. Those are usually relaxing and productive weekends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess when we spend time with family in our Home, we tend to forget the rest of the world, and that's the way it should be.There's nothing like it :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts