U is for Unexpected !


Dear Diary,

                    For U I have chosen the word 'Unexpected.'

Our lives are determined by these unexpected events to a very large extent. We set out a plan before us for ourselves and our future, but an unexpected bend in the road may lead us to someplace we may have never been before, or even thought of going.

We are not always satisfied by this new turn of events, but we must give ourselves time so that the entire plan can be unfolded before us, and often it turns out that these unexpected events are much better than what we originally had in mind for ourselves.

The choice depends on us, we can cry about the change of plans and that we did not get our own way or smile in the anticipation of the good things that are going to come.

In all my years here on earth {which is not many I may add }, I have learnt that the best things in life are always unexpected, because they come at a time, when you least expect them. There is no pressure or urgency. It's not planned or designed.

They hit you like lemons, you decide whether to make lemonade or let it go.

Leaving with you a quote I like :




Enjoying my lemonade as I write this,

The Sunday Visitor.




Comments

  1. What you said is absolutely correct and well said. But, the unexpected can be a great big pain in the rear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice selection of topic! We all love a small dose of unexpected in our lives. However, life is so designed it has lot to offer on that front. But then if we get an expected dose of unexpected then it does not remain unexpected. So let the unexpected come! :P

    PS: I started to write a small comment and I simply rambled off.. :O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's true a small dose of unexpected is always welcome. Your unexpected rambling made me smile.

      Delete
  3. It is wonderful to embrace the unexpected but being 47 I do know that unfortunately sometimes you cannot always turn lemons into lemonade, that is a life lesson too and it seems lately the mantra is 'life is nothing but sunshine and roses; if not make it that way.' There are times you must struggle through pain.
    Lucy from Lucy's Reality

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true! I like that mantra, Thanks for sharing it with me!

      Delete
  4. Such a great post thank you! I also wrote on the unexpected with similar sentiments!
    Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans!


    Susan Scott's Soul Stuff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! I like that quote thanks for sharing it with me!

      Delete
  5. great post. I love the quote.....be unexpected.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is true. No one knows what their fate will be. One thing I do know is that everything happens for a reason and everything is as it should be. Great post.

    Kathy
    http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! That's a wonderful motto to live by. Thanks for sharing it with me!

      Delete
  7. Great advice. Expectations are rarely met and almost always cause disappointment when they are not.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute post. New follower here. I'm stopping by from the "A to Z" challenge and I look forward to visiting again.

    Sylvia
    http://www.writinginwonderland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much for visiting my blog. I hope you like the other blog posts too!

      Delete
  9. And if you don't want to make lemonade at the moment, you could start a lemon orchard. Or you could ask for tequila and salt. Lots of options for the unexpected.

    A-Z visitor, back again.

    Blessings and Bear hugs!
    Bears Noting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thnankyou so much for sharing those wonderful options, I'll keep them in mind for the future.

      Delete
  10. I delight in the wisdom of each post you write, Judygirl! You just amaze me with how much you know and understand of life, an old soul indeed! At nearly 60, my life has turned out nothing like I expected it would or might, there have been many turns in the road, many hills to climb, and a few cliffs to fall off of, yet I would not trade it for anything, as I have learned so much along the way, and I love the person it has made me. I love where God has brought me too... the happiest years and best love ever, in a place I never would have imagined I would be! Not knowing what the future brings is what makes it wonderful when it happens!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thankyou! At my age I don't know a lot about life. I'm growing and learning, that's the best part. Unexpected events have come my way and I have enjoyed them and learnt from them. Like you, I would not like to trade my life for another one. I'm happy with what I have been given!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts