Things for granted


Dear Diary,

Very often in life, I find myself or those around me cribbing over small things. It's at these times that I try to remind myself and those around me that our lives are comparatively easier. People face bigger and more difficult problems in  life, they surmount it and emerge victorious.

An acquaintance, is cribbing about the room she occupies, because it does not get any sunlight, she is unhappy all the time and her pessimism, is slowly permeating the atmosphere. I don't know how to get across to her that having a roof above one's head is a blessing in itself. There are so many people who don't possess that luxury.

 Apart from the lack of sunlight, the room has all the amenities that a person needs. A bed, cupboard, shelf, study table, chair and electricity, yet she cribs. I have seen children of all ages, sitting on the road in the late evening, studying under street lamps and they never complain.

Her unhappiness on something as a trivial as a room, makes me feel extremely sad. It reminds me of what I read once,



It's a constant reminder of how we take the things we get for granted.  I hope and pray that good sense prevails and she realises on her own how trivial her problem is.

Hopefully,
The Sunday Visitor.

Comments

Popular Posts