Birthday In A Pandemic!


Dear Diary, 

I remember telling a close friend that with all that's happening in the world, I was not looking forward to my birthday. This was in the last week of June. She decided to do an entire Twitter thread countdown to my birthday, writing something sweet and endearing every single day. 

Last week, I turned a year older. 

In reality, it was my first birthday away from home, but not for a minute did I feel that I was away from home. My amazing older sister/roommate/friend B took it on herself to make it a memorable one. 

Right from spoiling me silly with all the 'green' gifts, she planned and executed a delectable menu : Mutton Biriyani, Amritsari Pindi Chhole and Bhature and moist Chocolate Coffee Cake with Blueberry Custard. She also managed to get some of my favorite people : friends, family, colleagues and students on call, for a virtual cake cutting <3 

I'm grateful for the presence of every single one of those people. Grateful to have them in my life and grateful for all the smiles that they bring to my face. They are my blessings. 

It may have been a pandemic birthday but technology ensured, that we could all share a moment of joy. 

If like me you have your moments of doubt, start counting your blessings and you'll find that you have a lot to be thankful for. 






Counting my blessings, 

The Sunday Visitor




Comments

Popular Posts