Adios Carlos Ruiz Zafon


Dear Diary,

Carlos Ruis Zafon died last month of colon cancer.

It pains me to no end because his Shadow of the wind series got me through some very stressful times.

I don't remember how, I came in possession of the first book. I loved it so much that I kept searching for the remaining books in the series. I chanced upon the second one in my college library.

When I started working, the first thing I got myself was a long cherished dream, a Kindle. With it, there was no looking back. I got the entire series and devoured it. 

I lost myself in the labyrinth of books, walking up and down it's numerous landings. I discovered Barcelona and everything it had to offer from the confines of my house in India. Zafon's world embraced me with open arms on good days and bad. 

Adios Zafon, you have been a wonderful friend. I hope that you rest in the cemetery of books. 


“Every book, every volume you see here, has a soul. The soul of the person who wrote it and of those who read it and lived and dreamed with it. Every time a book changes hands, every time someone runs his eyes down its pages, its spirit grows and strengthens.” 
― Carlos Ruiz Zafón, The Shadow of the Wind


The Sunday Visitor

Comments

Popular Posts