Begin Today!



Dear Diary,

                    This blogpost is a special entry for Two Shoes Tuesday.

Many times I hear people saying, " I wish I could begin anew. I would never repeat the mistakes that I did. Everything would be so much simpler then. I wish I could time back."

I really don't understand  it. If we could take time back and reverse everything we did we would never be the same people that we are today. Where we stand is a result of the choice that we make, the decisions we take and the kind  of  values that we stick to.

We always want to begin something again but we rarely use the new beginnings that are given to us. Each day is a new beginning, 24 Hours of  freedom to do as we wish, yet we forget that and wander in the lanes of our past hoping and praying for time to go back.

I have realised that new beginning is not always required, sometimes the best thing to do is go with the flow. You will discover something you never knew before.

Leaving you with a quote that inspired me :


The Sunday Visitor.

Comments

  1. You're so right. We cannot change the past (though we might gain a better perspective on it). But we can change our lives, and there is no better time than today to start making changes. Even small ones, which can lead to ever bigger changes.

    Blessings and Bear hugs!
    Bears Noting
    Life in the Urban Forest (poetry)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well said. When people ask me if there is anything I would go back and change, I tell them no. Everything I have done made me into the person I am. I like who I am.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree! We are what we are today because of the decisions we made yesterday. Lets learn from the mistakes weve made because thats the only time we can say that its worth it.
    Great read! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What wonderful, inspirational post, Judygirl! Once again you have taken an idea and made it your own! I hope you are saving all these pieces of wisdom in a notebook to pass on to your own children someday! I am ever amazed and delighted with your perception of life, you bring us an attitude of hope and belief! I agree with you that dwelling on the past, whether good or bad memories, ties us down. We cannot change it and we can't return to it. We need to embrace today and live it to the fullest! If what has happened so far wasn't what we desire, we can begin again, that is one of my favorite lessons... Always Begin Again! Today is a new page in your life, write on it with bold colors!

    Thank you so much for writing for Two Shoes Tuesday, I have added a link to this post there. I hope you'll join us for the next one coming up if time permits, I have already posted notice of the prompt words. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very wise and inspiring post. This is a most creative take on the prompt. Thanks for sharing!
    McGuffy's Reader
    http://www.mcguffysreader.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. "If we could take time back and reverse everything we did we would never be the same people that we are today." This is so true!

    Too many people forget they can't learn from mistakes that never happened. When I regret something I try to focus on how much worse it could have been and remember how grateful I am that the worst-case scenario will never come true.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts