Lessons from A Pottery Session


Dear Diary,

I recently tried my hand at pottery and might I just say it's wonderful. The feel of the wet clay in your hands, slowly giving it shape, moulding it to the perfect size, patiently giving it the finishing touch.

Now I look at potters and pottery in a whole new light. Pottery is an art which requires patience, steady hands and above all a clear idea of what you want to make.

 The whole experience made me think how we are all potters, the clay we mould is our future. Patiently we need to define it, give it shape through our actions, mould it to our liking : the manner we want it to be. We cannot blame others if the masterpiece of our future is faulty as ultimately we are the ones who made it.

We might not be perfect but the best part is that we can always try again!!

Leaving you with a picture of my masterpiece :



The Sunday Visitor.

Comments

  1. That's a truly lovely pot, Judygirl! I did a little bit of pottery making back in high school and I know exactly what you mean about the feel of the clay and the pleasure of seeing a shape that you have in your mind or sketched on paper slowly taking dimensional form. Perfection is almost impossible but the fun of the challenge is in trying. And yes, something that turns out wrong can be returned too a mound of clay to start again. I wish it were that easy to reshape human character, but still it can be done if the potter is determined! This was a lovely post....your writing always makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much :) I agree. I loved the whole process and I learnt a lot from it :) The potters determination can make anything possible. I'm glad that my writing makes you smile :)

      Delete
  2. Nice pot and great analogy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pottery is such fun. I've done a little bit, but my hands are not quit steady enough, and my eye-hand co-ordination could be better.

    Good news: you've made something delightful and (I trust) useful, and enjoyed the process.
    Bad news: you've gone to pot.

    Blessings and Bear hugs!
    Bears Noting
    Life in the Urban Forest (poetry)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True Pottery is great fun! I'm glad you have tried it and liked it :) Thankyou for both the Good news and the Bad news.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts