C

For C, 

We will look at Colossians 3:20.


I found a similar verse in Ephesians 6:1, the commandment in Exodus 20:12 and I think that just goes to show how important obedience is. Jesus set the template of obedience. Be  it providing the wine in the wedding at Cana or drinking the cup of his passion.Not once in the Bible, do we have a case of disobedience from his side.  

People may call me old fashioned or plain up stupid, but I still believe this verse and try to live by it. If I find that I don't agree with something, I talk to my parents/adults about it, see it from their perspective and they are usually always right. 

Have you struggled with obedience? Do you think obedience is a thing of the past ?

TSV

P.S : Since tomorrow is a holiday, here's a Happy Easter from me to you and yours. May The Risen Lord, bring you Hope and Peace. 

Comments

  1. Obedience is something similar to discipline, is it not?
    That's what keeps this world going.
    Just imagine, if no one listened to anyone, and everyone did whatever they wanted, this world would descend into chaos.
    I personally like to be obedient. And I like people who are. However, if one needs to question authority, there is a way to do it, is it not?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's one way to look at it. I agree, there's always a way to question authority.

      Delete
  2. I don't know, I think there are some flaws. It is making the assumption the parents will do the right thing. Makes it hard when you've got to decide which commandment to break, and if you're supposed to ask for forgiveness knowing that either choice was wrong. 🤷‍♀️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is the assumption I was working with but I do get your point.

      Delete
  3. I really like Jamie's response. Plus, there are parents who demand that obedience, but for me obedience is worthless if it's given as a result of a demand, or fear of the parents. Parent will demand respect too, yet act in ways not befitting respect. I would say it would be a case by case thing. Sometimes children are right, and parents shouldn't say, "I'm the parent, obey me because of that and because I said so."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you on that Lisa. Obedience or respect cannot be commanded based on age or authority. I feel that the lines of communication should be open in such a manner that if the child disagrees, he/she should be able to express it and his/her parents should hear them out with an open mind.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts