Absurd

Dear Diary,

Today, I attended a talk on Albert Camus and we spoke about his works and his life. A prominent theme that features in his works is that of the Absurd. Take his famous works, The Myth Of Sisyphus or The Outsider/The Stranger, both have the theme of absurd in common.

This conversation of the absurd got me thinking about the absurd. Often in our lives we use this word 'Absurd' to describe some strange event or person. Things or people which don't conform to our understanding of normal are also labelled as 'Absurd.' (This after consciously noting points at which my friends or I employ this term)

I think, it's just time that we associate the Absurd with a new perspective. We need to start looking at Absurd and how where most people think that it's the end, it also is the beginning. Albert Camus thought so, I'm sure we can too.


Leaving you with this thought. Often when people call us or our ideas absurd, it means that we are definitely on the right track.

Absurdly yours,

The Sunday Visitor.

P.S : This post is first in the series for the A-Z Challenge 2016.

Comments

  1. All kinds of good thinking went into this and I am smiling as I read it! I think we tend to label "absurd" anything outside of the norm or our everyday understanding. Absurd can be wonderful and beautiful and amazing, if we let go of our fears and open up to new possibilities! I can't wait to read more from you, I love the way you think!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Josie :)Very true, things that cannot be comprehended by us, usually fall into this bracket. I agree wholeheartedly. :) Thankyou

      Delete
  2. What fun would life be, and how would we ever continuously improve, without absurdity? Gosh, just think of all the things that were once considered absurd that are now a reality because someone kept pushing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, hence I embrace my absurdity :) Good thing too, imagine on all the things that the world would have lost.

      Delete
  3. Fantastic! I have read Camus's books. And yes, I have discovered when people think my ideas are absurd it means for me that I am right on track.
    All the best for the challenge.
    Shalom,
    Patricia @ EverythingMustChange

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's wonderful. Camus is wonderful. Absurdity is the key to success. Thankyou for visiting.

      Delete
  4. I can appreciate the absurd because I am absurd and love it! Ha! Great post!
    Have a great weekend!
    Lori

    My A2Zs @ As the Fates Would Have It & Promptly Written
    Follow Me (Ravyne) Twitter|Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absurd is a good thing I think, people who are thought of as a little absurd are usually the most interesting of people and ideas are the same. Very good thought.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts