A Date With Myself

Dear Diary,

After living alone for nearly 6 months, I feel like in the past few days, I have been bombarded with company and although I love the company, I think I miss the lone time that I had with myself. So yesterday, I decided to go on a date with myself.

Yes, you read that right. A date with myself. It did.t involve anything fancy. It was just me, my laptop and my room. Just the way I like it. As my friends were getting ready to go and  watch The Jungle Book on big screen, I geared up for some much needed time with myself and my thoughts.

It's now, I'm beginning to realize how much I have missed this. I have become accustomed to my own company that in the presence of actual company I feel something is amiss, so this is my attempt to balance it out.

Have you ever had a date with yourself?

The Sunday Visitor.






Comments

  1. I am so much like this! I love interacting with other people, but my most favorite time to recharge my batteries is time spent by myself, well - with my cats - at home, on Saturday mornings because Papa Bear works then. It is a luxury for me to not have any sounds at all! I am glad you made some time for yourself, it's so refreshing!
    Josie
    from Josie's Journal

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts