Diary

Dear Diary,

For D, it is fitting that I choose the word Diary.

I strongly believe that a diary is a window to a person's heart and mind. Diaries are intensely personal in nature and anyone who keeps a diary, knows how invaluable it is. If someone shows you their diary, it means that they trust you enough to bare their heart and soul in front of you. That's HUGE.

This Diary (although public) is an important part of me. When I look back at earlier entries, I can see how I have grown and how, slowly my writing has evolved, into what it is today. This Diary has given me a space to vent out my feelings, share my random musings and be myself; without being judged or made fun of. It gives me the opportunity to meet people, from across the globe and learn from them.

Maintaining a diary: physical or virtual is a blessing. It can get demanding at times (I'm guilty of not writing frequently), but it's also enjoyable. Even if all you do is, note down the good things that happened in the day, it will benefit you in the long run :)



The Sunday Visitor.

Comments

  1. Stopping by from A-to-Z Challenge! I started my blog a couple of years ago when I simply needed a place to put my thoughts and have a space where I can just say what I needed to say. It has become an important piece of me. It sounds like that has been the case for you as well! Looking forward to following you!
    Mary
    www.thetransgentlewife.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't keep a diary these days because I do so much other writing but when I was younger and traveling more I did and those diaries are treasures to me now.

    Meet My Imaginary Friends
    #AtoZchallenge http://www.kathleenvalentineblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you full heartedly! Even writing gratitudes is a blessing and lightens one's mood. Lovely quote by Anne Frank!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diaries, journals, and personal blogs all provide wonderful records of our life experiences and growth. Even now, when I go back and read posts from my original blog nearly ten years old I am amazed at how far I've come, and I'm also aware that I actually wrote some pretty decent things back then when I had more time to spend on writing! One day I want to get it all printed and into bound form for my children when I am no longer here to share myself with them. I love your diary, Judy Girl, and I am so very blessed to have met your right here on that fateful year of the A-Z!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, they are the proof of our growth. I feel the same way when I read my previous blogposts. That's a wonderful idea. I'm equally blessed to have met you :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts