Nice


Dear Diary,

Today as my friend and I went shopping, she pointed at something and asked me "It looks nice, doesn't it?" I replied in the affirmative because it looked good, but her question set me thinking. Nice in relation to things is common what about nice in relation to people?

Do we look at people as nice? When was the last time you met somebody nice and actually told that person so? I firmly believe that everybody has niceness within them and whenever you see that niceness in action, make it a point to acknowledge it.

I know nice people are often taken for granted and people take advantage of them but one must learn where to draw the line. Being nice never hurt anyone and only makes the world better but keep the following quote in mind.


Trying to be nice,

The Sunday Visitor.

Comments

  1. Hi Sunday Visitor .. how lovely to meet you and thanks for coming by my blog - and I love your About Me - with your cheerful, cheeky smile!

    Nice - exactly .. we can be nice, polite, kind etc and still hold our own and not be mown down or swamped .. I quite agree .. cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that is one perfect sign!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find that being kind holds more ground than being nice, since "nice" doesn't exactly hold to a commitment. But that is semantics, I suppose. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the way one looks at it . Thankyou for visiting :)

      Delete
  4. One will never regret being kind. Being mean will stick in the mind like a burr on a sock.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm nice to people who are nice to me. At my age, I don't have time to deal with people who are not nice.

    Precious Monsters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If people are nice, then they deserve niceness in return :)

      Delete
  6. Perfect quote to end a nice post :) Glad to be back here on your blog almost after a year :)

    New Moon

    ReplyDelete
  7. It’s officially the second half of A to Z. Time to catch that second wind, rest up on Sunday, then it’s that mad dash toward the finish line!

    Stephen Tremp
    A to Z Cohost
    N is for Numerology

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice to meet you, Sunday Visitor. Agree that there is a nugget of niceness to most people.

    Best wishes,
    Nilanjana

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do look for niceness in people and the world is full of them.
    Do stop by >> http://blog.shinekapoor.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts