Ruin


Dear Diary,

As I travel by train, I can see a chimney, one from the many mills that contributed to the textile revolution in my city. Today, that area is under ruins but I still look out for it, every time the train passes that place.

History has taught me to value ruins because each and everyone of them, tell a story of a past that we were unable to see but can imagine, thanks to their existence. Ruins show us where we were and how far we have come.  Ruins can be those of empires and monuments but also those of plans and goals.

Some people find it frustrating and annoying when their plans are ruined, I feel the same but sooner or later good sense prevails and I find that, from the ruins a path emerges and this one leads to better prospects.


The Sunday Visitor.

Comments

  1. Yes, I love ruins. I live in the United States, and we're a fairly new country. So not many ruins here. However, when I travel I love to visit ruins. Reminds me of the time I visited Greece.

    Precious Monsters

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have much wisdom to see that ruins hold many answers and secrets@

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like ruins. I went to Tintern Abbey in Hereford, England, last year. It's really beautiful. There's something about ruins that is quite melancholy but inspiring at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find ruins pretty haunting, but I also tend to feel frustrated that in some cases (e.g. with ancient ruins) you can't stop them from becoming more and more ruined over time. But I guess that's just how the world works. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. To me, ruins means enigma. Who knows what happened and what didn't there! But they surely leave behind to create curiosity.
    Points To Ponder

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts