Dance


Dear Diary,

For D, I choose ‘Dance.’

Confession : I’m not a good dancer. I cannot dance.

When it comes to dancing, I have two left feet. My body is absolutely uncoordinated. It’s like my feet don’t get the message my brain is sending. So moral of the story,I  usually sit passively during parties and avoid dancing.

Until a few years back, an aunt told me after having watched me dance that dancing is not about following steps and routines, it’s about expressing your emotions. It does not matter if you are not a good dancer. You have one life, make as many mistakes as you want, dance as badly as you want. Anybody can be a good dancer but it takes courage to break the monotony.

That day, I learnt the meaning of the phrase ‘Dance like no one is watching’ because only then, will you be free and let your emotions flow with the music.


Dance with your heart,

The Sunday Visitor.

Comments

  1. I'm not a good dancer either but I like it. My husband and I dance at weddings but otherwise it's just me in the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like the attitude, I love to dance, am probably better then average...but good...nope! It doesn't stop me though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ,tell anyone who will listen that "I am rhythmically challenged" .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a really nice way to put it. Thankyou for sharing it with me.

      Delete
  4. I've been taking dance classes since I was 7, but I think goofy dancing you have fun with is always way more fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, you must be a great dancer. Absolutely. Nothing like it.

      Delete
  5. Just let it go and the two left feet can have fun dancing away

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not a dancer, but my husband is the worst. When my girls got married, I told them their dad-daughter dance needed to be SHORT. Just get him off the floor. Nobody needed to see that kind of joy or that much of it. LOL
    ~Visiting from AtoZ

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts