L is for Let Go!


Dear Diary,
For L I recommend : Let go!

We are often so attached to things, that we don’t like to leave them behind, while in some cases it’s good in some others it can prove detrimental to our physical and psychological health.


I have seen a few people who are unwilling to let go of their emotional baggage, carrying it around with them, not realizing that it’s slowing their progress down. Some who hang on to their past and forget about the future awaiting them. While some others stay in a relationship, because they are too afraid of the consequences if they walk out.

Hence my recommendation to one and all is Let go! We have one life and it makes absolutely no sense living it by holding on to things that have no value. It’s ok to learn lessons from the past but carrying that emotional baggage is not worth it. Let go of the people who hurt you because they do not deserve you. As Oprah says :


As far as love goes, this quote says it best :




Letting things go,

The Sunday Visitor

Comments

  1. I've let go of many people and things, but I have some more emotional baggage I need to let go of. With this particular baggage, I need more time. Time heals my wounds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice to know that you let go and I agree time heals everything.

      Delete
  2. its true.. letting go is good n it makes us feel lighter bt its easier said than done! am one of those who find it very difficult to let go of tgings!

    http://swathishenoy.blogspot.com/
    a-z participant

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Swathi but keep trying it and eventually it will become easier.

      Delete
  3. This is so true, something I have experienced a lot in my life. Thanks for visiting my blog!
    (I see you like Johnny Depp. Me, too :)
    Shells–Tales–Sails

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my pleasure. Thankyou for repaying the visit. What a lovely coincidence!!

      Delete
  4. I think letting it go can be very healthy, but sometimes it is so hard. The human brain is terrible at doing what it's told.
    Tasha
    Tasha's Thinkings - AtoZ (Vampires)
    FB3X - AtoZ (Erotic Drabbles)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aah...what a release one can feel after letting go...important to do that.

    Beauty Interprets, Expresses, Manifests the Eternal

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sadly I know a guy who just passed away from cancer - and he was just this type of person. The type of person who never let anything go. He was furious with life, with the doctors who didn't diagnose him soon enough, with everything. It was a horrible way for him to be on his way out. :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very well said. Easier to agree to than to do sometimes. But important.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so true. Never truer than during my divorce many years ago - arguing over money and possessions after losing our love? The time spent on that negative energy didn't make sense. Gave it all to him, endured several years of emotional healing and moved on. Best thing I could have done for myself, and lesson learned early that has served me well through the years.

    Thanks for visiting today. I hope you are enjoying A to Z as much as I am. If only I had time to follow 2,000 blogs :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful example of letting go. I'm loving the challenge and I agree with you completely about the time factor.

      Delete
  9. Thank you! I really needed to hear this right now. I'm so glad you posted it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. My favorite quotes.... I loved this one... esp for Paulo Coelho's quote!! Nice inspiring posts you do every day :)

    ~S(t)ri
    Participant|AtoZ Challenge 2014
    Smile, it makes (y)our day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We often forget that we must look at the present and the future through the windshield/windscreen and at the past only in the small rearview mirror.
    If the rearview mirror is made bigger, we will have a very highly restricted view of the present and the future.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts